Pet Dental Services
At Four Paws Animal Hospital & Wellness Center, we offer professional pet dentistry services,
including routine preventative care as well as the advanced treatment of existing oral health problems.
Patient under anesthesia for a dentistry procedure.
Did you know that Dental Disease…?
- is present in over 80% of pets by 3 years of age
- can shorten your pet’s lifespan
- causes bad breath
- can affect the liver, kidneys, and heart valves
- is painful for your pet and can cause tooth loss
- is totally preventable
Professional dental cleanings are necessary for most pets from time to time. Our facility includes the following in all of our dental cleanings:
- Patient under anesthesia for a dentistry procedure.
- Ultrasonic scaling of tartar both above and below the gumline
- Hand scaling of subgingival pockets
- Periodontal probing for pockets in the gums around the teeth
- Polishing each tooth to remove any scratches, making it harder for new tartar to accumulate.
- Intensive anesthetic monitoring, including
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Core Body Temperature
- Heart Rate
- Respiratory Rate
- Blood Oxygenation
- Blood Pressure
- Capillary Refill Time
- Constant supervision by a Licensed Veterinary Technician and a Veterinary Assistant
- Recovery in a heated cage in our central ICU area
Dental x-rays to assess the health of teeth and surrounding bone.
Additional dental services are available and may be indicated for your pet:
- Dental x-rays to assess the health of teeth and surrounding bone.
- Surgical extraction of infected and/or broken teeth
- Placement of Consil in extraction sites to promote healing of jaw bone
- Application of a time-release antibiotic deposited below the gumline to promote reattachment of receded gum tissue to the adjacent tooth
- Dental home care products