Pet Dental Services
You wouldn’t go days, weeks, or months without brushing your own teeth, right? Well, neither should your pet. Learn more about our pet dental services below.
Pet Dental Services
At Four Paws Animal Hospital & Wellness Center, we offer professional pet dentistry services,
including routine preventative care as well as the advanced treatment of existing oral health problems.
Patient under anesthesia for a dentistry procedure.
Did you know that Dental Disease…?
- is present in over 80% of pets by 3 years of age
- can shorten your pet’s lifespan
- causes bad breath
- can affect the liver, kidneys, and heart valves
- is painful for your pet and can cause tooth loss
- is totally preventable
Professional dental cleanings are necessary for most pets from time to time. Our facility includes the following in all of our dental cleanings:
- Patient under anesthesia for a dentistry procedure.
- Ultrasonic scaling of tartar both above and below the gumline
- Hand scaling of subgingival pockets
- Periodontal probing for pockets in the gums around the teeth
- Polishing each tooth to remove any scratches, making it harder for new tartar to accumulate.
- Intensive anesthetic monitoring, including
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Core Body Temperature
- Heart Rate
- Respiratory Rate
- Blood Oxygenation
- Blood Pressure
- Capillary Refill Time
- Constant supervision by a Licensed Veterinary Technician and a Veterinary Assistant
- Recovery in a heated cage in our central ICU area
Dental x-rays to assess the health of teeth and surrounding bone.
Additional dental services are available and may be indicated for your pet:
- Dental x-rays to assess the health of teeth and surrounding bone.
- Surgical extraction of infected and/or broken teeth
- Placement of Consil in extraction sites to promote healing of jaw bone
- Application of a time-release antibiotic deposited below the gumline to promote reattachment of receded gum tissue to the adjacent tooth
- Dental home care products