At Four Paws Animal Hospital and Wellness Center diagnostic lab work is an integral part of our hospital.
It is frequently utilized both to help diagnose sick pets and to screen healthy pets for common conditions.
In House Lab
We have the ability to perform a variety of lab tests in our hospital to provide us with immediate results.
Our in house laboratory allows us to perform numerous diagnostics tests while you wait.
- Checking for intestinal parasites
- Diagnosis of lumps
- Complete blood count to look for infection and/or anemia (CBC)
- Blood tests to assess organ function
- Determine appropriate medication for ear infections
- Testing for heartworms
- Testing for tick-borne diseases such as Ehrlichia, Lyme Disease, and Anaplasmosis
- Testing for Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV)
We also work with several outside veterinary laboratories that offer an extensive selection of diagnostic testing options. In most cases, results are back within 24 hours.
Board Certified Veterinarians (who are specialists in their field) are also available to provide expert consultations to our doctors for more unusual cases.