At Four Paws Animal Hospital & Wellness Center, we are well-equipped and fully prepared to handle all of your pet’s surgical care needs. Learn more below.
Surgery is a major event for your pet, and it is important that you understand that the surgical process from start to finish is not the same at all facilities. There are many specific questions you should ask before you schedule a surgical procedure. Below you will find a summary of what we do at Four Paws Animal Hospital & Wellness Center. For a full description, download “Surgery and Your Pet: What you need to know” (PDF).
When your pet has surgery at our hospital, your pet receives the following:
- Use of surgical suite and sterile surgical supplies
- Intravenous catheter and fluids
- Aggressive pain control during surgery, hospitalization, and post-operatively at home
- Intensive anesthetic monitoring, including
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Core Body Temperature
- Heart Rate
- Respiratory Rate
- Blood Oxygenation
- Blood Pressure
- Capillary Refill Time
- Constant supervision by a Licensed Veterinary Technician and a Veterinary Assistant
- Recovery in a heated cage in our central ICU area
We are proud to be a Laser Surgical Facility.
In most cases, laser surgery results in less post-operative bleeding, swelling, and pain for your pet. As an example, Laser surgery has such a dramatic beneficial impact on the pain level and recovery time of declaw surgeries in cats, it is always required for this procedure.
The following are just some of the surgeries that we can perform at our facility:
- Feline declaw (front feet only)
- Growth removals
- Cystotomy (bladder surgery)
- Cherry eye repair
- Cesarean section (c-section)
- Enucleation (eye removal)
- Laceration repair
- Foreign body removal from the GI tract
- Exploratory laparotomy (abdominal surgery)